Jennifer Chirchir, the lady whose pictures were doing rounds on social media for being the first Kenyan yo test positive of corona virus, has now cleared the doubts on her Facebook timeline.
Earlier on, it was alleged that Jennifer Chirchir had landed into the country secretly from US and made several tours to Kitale before testing positive.
In a recorded video that went viral on many social platforms, Jennifer Chirchir refuted the claims to be the first patient and even elucidated categorically that she was safe and not in Kenya, but in US.
Reports now indicate that Jennifer Chirchir was paid ksh 5M by Ruto to refute the claims for having tested positive as it was a quite unfair indication to the Kalenjin community and more so could haunt Ruto’s 2022 ambitions.
According to Jennifer, she received the said amount before the government announced the first corona victim.
Two of Kenya’s coronavirus patients who recovered from the COVID-19 disease have spoken to the public for the first time since leaving the Mbagathi District Hospital isolation centre.
In a televised address, the two patients updated President Uhuru Kenyatta via a Skype link on their triumphant experience.
However, Brian has sensationally claimed that the health CS Mutahi Kagwe through the government directives paid them ksh.4M each to fake the COVID-19 recovery.
On his Facebook timeline, Brian opined that Brenda called him on Monday 30th March 2020 and informed him of the deal.
According to Brian, they were summoned at Afya House by the health CS, Mutahi Kagwe and informed them of the stage management transcript.
The government promised to stash ksh.4M to their bank accounts of which according to Brian, they are yet to receive the money.
Brian and Brenda have been in a serious relationship since primary hood and they are even planning to get married.
“The health CS, Mutahi Kagwe promised give us ksh. 4 Millions to fake the recovery, I have never tested positive of COVID-19” he wrote on his Facebook timeline.
Brenda Cherotich, a former Miss Tourism Kericho County and the first Kenyan patient believes she contracted the virus in London while returning to Kenya from the United States
“I think I got the virus in London on my way to Nairobi when I came back I stayed for a day and then reported to the Mbagathi Hospital and they took me seriously,” she said.
She has been in quarantine for the last 23 days and thanks the doctors from the Kenyatta National Hospital for taking care of her.
“I want to tell Kenyans that this virus is manageable and people might have mild symptoms like a cough and a slight headache, so people should not really be afraid, we will pull through,” she added.
At the same time, he asked Kenyans to treat the pandemic seriously, saying its it is real but can be defeated if Kenyans follow directives from the Ministry of Health.
“Coronavirus is real, please follow what the government is saying because that is the only way to beat the disease,” Brian explained.
Meanwhile, President Uhuru in the conversation lauded them for their bravery and wished them well.
At the same time, he asked Kenyans who feel unwell to be accountable and report to the relevant authorities.
He reiterated on the need for social distancing and observation of the guidelines by the ministry of health as pertains to the pandemic.
In the coming days, the president has promised to meet the two physically saying Kenyans need to understand the gravity of the global pandemic